Support Time Attack ranking
While developing the Recent Activity endpoint, we realized that players will also want to submit their Time Attack PBs. We want to be able to show a player's incremental improvement in regards to time in addition to grade-level-time.
- Modify ranking calculation to allow sorting by just time (when game has been cleared) and add this calculation step to the score insert trigger
- Information will only show up on the recent activity response
- calculate_ranking function will get even more complicated
- Determining what a "clear" is is different for each mode (#83 (closed) score validation issue should be addressed first?)
- Create new "time attack" modes
- Too many modes?
- Players potentially will need to submit scores twice or we can modify scores to belong to multiple modes (though that also has problems).
- Just don't rank Time Attack. It's enough to just sort the mode rankings by level then time
- What gets shown in recent activity for Time Attack PBs?
- Players may be less motivated.
- Doesn't always work
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information