Tezos contributor's testing guide
The goal of this MR is to provide a section in the contributor's section of the documentation that gives an overview on how testing is done in Tezos, and to help Tezos contributors use the test suite and write tests by pointing them towards the most appropriate testing framework for their use case.
- finish existing todos in file
- (@dannywillems) write section on tests in the CI and how to run test jobs locally (i.e. using gitlab-runner).
- make sure that the ./scripts/update_unit_test.sh is mentioned
- (@bidinger) write section on coverage
Feel free to comment below if there are any other subjects you want the testing guide to cover.
#743)Todo later (see follow-up
- Question from @igarnier: how to test things in the protocol?
This MR brings the following changes:
- A new testing guide
- Change the CI so that the builds of the documentation is kept for 1 week instead of one day. This makes reviewing simpler.
- Fix a formatting error in the documentation of history modes
Checkout and build documentation locally. Then go to the new subsection "Overview of testing in Tezos".
Alternatively, check out the artifacts of the