Changelog.md 4.73 KB
Bussard changelog: history of user-visible changes
beta-2 / 2016-08-13
- Added alt-up key binding to go up a folder in mail mode.
- All editor colors can be customized.
- Syntax highlighting for Lua code. (requires LÖVE 0.10.x or higher)
- Emacs bindings are more accurate, but off by default; uncomment to load.
- Add replace command to editor; defaults to alt-r.
- Add incremental search command to editor; defaults to ctrl-f.
- Add command to select buffer to switch to; defaults to ctrl-alt-b.
- Live-feedback when opening files.
- Many reliability fixes for the editor.
- Mouse wheel zooms and scrolls; can be rebound.
go_tocommand for jumping to line; defaults to to alt-g.
- Add API for connecting over SSH and getting output back programmatically.
- Make it possible to edit the game from within the game during development.
- Fix a bug where contents of proxy tables wouldn't print.
- Integrate with system clipboard (alt-c and alt-v).
- Persist console history between runs.
- New challenge: connect to Subnet.
- Add socket repl so you can play the game from another process.
- New coding challenge: rot13 decryption.
- Messages can be delivered at any time, not just after portal jumps.
- Improved graphical effect during portal jump.
- Further mission progression.
- Tab completion in the console.
- Support toggling fullscreen, resizing game window.
- Add archive feature to mail system.
- Allow the font to be changed.
If upgrading from beta-1 to beta-2, please see the upgrade guide.
beta-1 / 2016-05-17
- Better display of tables from in-game console.
- Allow reverting to stock config as fallback recovery.
- Add life-support system upgrade.
- Some support for UTF-8 characters.
- Various editor bugfixes.
- Repeated presses of ctrl-tab select next-closest target.
- Format times as years:seconds.
- Simplify gravitation to avoid certain bugs.
- Descriptions for Bohk and Katilay worlds.
- Pause screen.
- Added mail client with unread message tracking.
- Fix some gravitation bugs between planets.
- Major rewrite of console to unify it with the editor.
- Editor supports multiple files open at once.
- Spawn asteroids in mostly-stable orbits.
- Rename repl to console.
- Automatically adjust trajectory settings to achieve decent frame rate.
- Change default quit key to ctrl-q.
- Save state of asteroids.
- AI-controlled ships.
alpha-6 / 2015-12-24
- A few more missions.
- Tab completion (only for the in-ship repl).
- Add a map upgrade.
- (Most) worlds tell you a bit about them when you log in.
- Editor can undo/redo.
- Added Comm Boost and Solar Panel upgrades.
- Finish adding the rest of the worlds.
- Offer to save the game in case it crashes.
- Add lisp OS which runs on portals and some stations.
- Allow reading manual pages before buying.
- Add ability to sell upgrades.
alpha-5 / 2015-11-16
- Add limited support for glob patterns in shell.
- Create fuel charge booster upgrade.
- Performance increases.
- Add mission system and a handful of missions.
- Fix a bug where upgrades would not be available.
- Populated systems for Katilay and Bohk.
- Implemented clearance system for travel between governments.
- Portals now function by their own onboard computers too.
- Fix a bug where multibyte input would crash the game.
alpha-4 / 2015-10-29
- Show readable table return values in repl.
- Change some key bindings invoking for repl and editor.
- Add tutorial.
- Create news system.
- Add in-game independent clock.
- Add portal animation.
- Fix a bug where flying would scramble repl input.
- Add power mechanics.
- Fix kill ring commands.
- Add API for in-game functions to run periodically.
- Add mark ring and pop-mark command to editor.
- Add Sol system.
- Change trajectory plot indicators to striped lines.
- Require portals be activated before traveling through them.
- Move HUD definitions to config file; allow reconfiguration.
alpha-3 / 2015-09-27
- Boost range at which you can log in to stations.
- Fix a bug where files in station OSes couldn't load from releases.
- Other minor bugfixes.
alpha-2 / 2015-09-25
- Rudimentary text editor for onboard config.
- Add onboard help system and some manual pages.
- Refuel at stations.
- Station filesystems get saved/restored upon restart.
- Enable buying non-guest accounts on station computers.
- Allow copying of files to/from station accounts.
- Customizable keyboard commands.
- Upgrades available for purchasing from station computers.
- Increased ship mass makes acceleration more sluggish.
alpha-1 / 2015-09-15
- Initial alpha functionality.
- Flight works with realistic gravity/thrust mechanics.
- Portals to jump between systems.
- Onboard REPL with sandboxing.
- Logging into space station computers with faux-unix.
- Asteroid mining using lasers.
- Trade cargo on stations.