Explore directions for crowdmatching mechanism beyond v0.3
We're still focused on implementing mechanism version 0.3 (see &4). However, some of the v0.3 changes still need design work, and for that it's useful to have a sense of where we'll be headed next. So, the goal of this issue is to clarify general alignment on our medium-term goals/vision/direction. The goal is not to nail down the decision all the way to be ready to implement.
Specify what we can leave rough for now vs what needs clarity at this time
- dollar vs patron goals (mray says not needed yet)
- what happens after goal: 100% of pledge vs spread-the-burden vs other
- how we will manage stretch goals
- any system-wide cap on pledges (e.g. percent of goal from a single patron)
- anything else unclear?
- Decide on a clear-enough-for now mechanism direction
All the following seem settled and decided (but we should confirm, i.e. do any actually-considered proposals deviate from these?):
- each pledge is a pledge-amount set in relation to a project-goal
- pledge-amounts billed in proportion to how much of the project-goal has been reached
- crowdmatches are billed monthly
- actual charges are in arrears, only after bills add up to make fees less than 10% of charge
except for point 5 which could be removed given confirmation that it is already a broadly settled context shared by all proposals