Who are we?
We are a data analytics company located in London and Bilbao. We are developing a data science software that allows our clients to analyze complex problems and find actionable insights.
We collect and analyze data, transforming it into alternative data, to help our world class customers all around the world make better investment decisions. We can’t tell you more for now, as strong NDA’s apply, but we bet some beers you know their names ;)
What will you be doing?
- As PHP Developer, you will be working on a wide variety of projects helping the backend team develop internal and external tools.
- Craft high quality software following DDD (Domain Driven Design) and TDD (Test Driven Design).
- Work hand-to-hand with the team lead.
- Improve and maintain core tools.
- Maintaining and improving documentation.
- Playing with our tech stack: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic Stack...
- Providing advice to new team members.
- Sharing knowledge and discussing technical issues with the rest of the team.
- Optimize and improve tech debt, we hate it as much as you do. Inevitably there’s always some legacy code to play with.
- Exploring new ways of doing things easier and faster.
Who are we looking for?
- Solid OOP PHP programming skills.
- A fast learner. We like autonomy and don't like micro managing at all.
- Understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers).
- Comfortable working with Frameworks (Symfony / Laravel).
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Fluent communication in English.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- Fluent working with MySQL, Redis and/or MongoDB.
- A key position in a key moment that will make you shine.
- We offer a competitive Salary + Stock options.
- A startup with both revenue and profit? Yay!
- Work hours are flexible.
- We are building the backend team in Bilbao, a city with an unbeatable quality of life.
- You can work remotely one or two days a week once a good working dynamic has been achieved.
- You will grow both personally and professionally. We aim big.
- You will play with the latest cutting edge technologies.
- You will have free food (fruits, yogurts, coffee, tea…).
What is the plan then?
Your first weeks …
- You have gone through our onboarding process.
- You have been trained into our systems by the CTO and team lead.
- You understand our overall architecture.
- You have fixed a bunch of bugs here and there.
- You start feeling more comfortable with our tech stack.
Your first three months …
- You have actively maintained code.
- You fought some legacy code, and won!
- You have written shiny new code.
- You have helped improve processes and onboarding.
- You have proposed new protocols to be set or overall improvements.
After 9 months …
- You are on "autopilot mode" and need little to no supervision.
- You work hand-to-hand with the teamlead to help evolve and grow our stack, processes and team.
- You are seen as a solid technical voice in the team.
- You played and keep playing a key role scaling our tech team.
- You are given almost full autonomy.
- You are relentlessly looking forward the next big steps...
Okey, I’m sold!
If you think you got what it takes, don’t hesitate and drop us an email to email@example.com with your resume, link to your Git account and a brief explanation of why you want to join us!
Let's get ready to rumble!