Senior PHP Developer
Who are we?
We are a data analytics company located in London and Bilbao. We are developing a data science software that allows our clients to analyze complex problems and find actionable insights.
We collect and analyze data, transforming it into alternative data, to help our world class customers all around the world make better investment decisions. We can’t tell you more for now, as strong NDA’s apply, but we bet some beers you know their names ;)
What will you be doing?
- As Senior PHP Developer, you will be working on projects in charge of a team and reporting to the CTO.
- Work hand-to-hand with our CTO, setting our technical path and helping grow the team: hiring, mentoring and leading by example.
- Owning problems end-to-end, from understanding the user’s need to figuring out a deployment strategy.
- Maintain and evolve our current portfolio and internal tools.
- Optimize our ELK stack to keep pushing harder.
- Maintaining a code quality that sets an example for others.
- Architecting solutions that will scale as we continue to grow.
- Providing technical direction to others.
- It would be a plus to know about DDD (Domain Driven Design) or TDD (Test Driven Design).
- Maintaining documentation, being available for advice, and otherwise driving adoption of technology and best practices.
- Sharing knowledge with the rest of the team through internal talks and pair programming sessions.
- Optimize and improve tech debt, we hate it as much as you do. Inevitably there’s always some legacy code to play with.
- Consistency matter, so you ought to have an eye for detail and be conscientious about assumptions in code.
Who are we looking for?
- Clean Coder. Hopefully you like Uncle Bob Martin as much as we do.
- Self-driven and a fast learner.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers).
- Talented Backend Developers with outstanding PHP experience.
- Comfortable working with Frameworks (Symfony / Laravel) as well as package managers such as Composer.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Disciplined with security best practices.
- Cloud hosting in DigitalOcean and AWS.
- Confident working with Redis, MongoDB and MySQL.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment with GitLab. Or GitHub + Travis CI.
- A key position in a key moment that will make you shine.
- We offer a competitive Salary + Stock options.
- A startup with both revenue and profit? Yay!
- Work hours are flexible.
- We are building the backend team in Bilbao, a city with an unbeatable quality of life.
- You can work remotely one or two days a week once a good working dynamic has been achieved.
- You will grow both personally and professionally. We aim big.
- You will play with the latest cutting edge technologies.
- You will have free food (fruits, yogurts, coffee, tea…).
What is the plan then?
Your first weeks …
- You have gone through our onboarding process.
- You have been trained into our systems by the CTO.
- You understand our overall architecture.
- You have fixed a bunch of bugs here and there.
- You feel comfortable with our tech stack.
- You started doing small little things and feel confident moving up to more complex problems.
Your first three months …
- You have actively maintained code.
- You fought some legacy code, and won!
- You have written shiny new code.
- You understand our full customer lifecycle.
- You have helped hire new team members.
- You have helped improve processes and onboarding.
- You have proposed new protocols to be set or overall improvements.
After 9 months …
- You lead and own a team of 5+.
- You help your team achieve CI+CD.
- You work hand-to-hand with the CTO to evolve and grow our stack, processes and team. You help set the tech strategy.
- You are a respected voice inside the company.
- You are seen as a solid technical leader.
- You played and keep playing a key role transforming and scaling our tech team.
- You are given almost full autonomy.
- You are relentlessly looking forward the next big steps...
Okey, I’m sold!
If you think you got what it takes, don’t hesitate and drop us an email to email@example.com with your resume, link to your Git account and a brief explanation of why you want to join us!
Let's get ready to rumble!