Dreamcast Dev Livestream #1 Invite
Dreamcast Dev Livestream #1
Topic: Basic environment and workflow
Duration: 45minutes to 1hr, depending on engagement and questions.
- Main Idea: How to go from idea or code to Running on a Dreamcast.
- My Environment
- Compiler setup
- Ways of running binaries
- Choosing an editor
- Kos Docs
- Using a native toolchain OR a VM OR Docker
- Basic ways to package compiled code for a Dreamcast
- Choosing an emulator for testing
- Questions and Freeform
- Porting a simple game from Desktop PC to the Dreamcast
- We can move through this together and live, checking our progress through each step
- Considerations needed when porting
- Demystify the Dreamcast
Start Time: Thursday, April 25 at 2:00pm EST / 6:00pm GMT
Possible Rebroadcast + Q&A if many interested people cannot join.
Where to watch
- Comments are easist to reply to on the above platforms
- VOD will be archived on Youtube at the end of the stream