Save back edited observation and attribute values in a flat or time-series oriented table view
As a data producer
In order to edit observation and attribute values (stored or to be stored in an .Stat Suite data space)
I want to be able to do this in a flat or time-series oriented (across or down) Excel table
Scenario 1: Save selected edited data back into same .Stat Suite data space as used for extraction
Given that I already have a flat or time-series oriented Excel table filled with data (linked to a .Stat Suite data space through a previous extraction)
And I have made a selection within the table
When I press on a button "Save selected data"
Then the currently selected data is uploaded to the .Stat Suite data space
Scenario 2: Save all edited data back into same .Stat Suite data space as used for extraction
Given that I already have a multi-dimensional Excel table filled with data (linked to a .Stat Suite data space through a previous extraction)
When I press on a button "Save all table data"
Then all the data of the table (in which the current Excel cell is located) is uploaded to the .Stat Suite data space
Note: the toolbar is split in 4 areas:
|Area Title||Get Data||Save to Database||Refresh||Help|
|Icon 1||New Table||Selected Data||Current Sheet||Help|
|Icon 2||Change Selection||Entire Table||All Sheets|
- Arabic text is to be supported.
- User's write access rights need to be respected. Using the authorisation web service, the application should check if the current user is allowed to submit data for the given dataflow and disable the two above buttons if the user has no access rights.
- Currently the transfer server accepts imports only when observations values are submitted together with all attribute values (at all levels). This needs to be made more flexible, see ticket dotstatsuite-core-transfer#61 which should be done with priority.
- Meanwhile, the get data feature should be extended to retrieve all attribute values, including those defined at higher levels, when the 'Flags' option is selected. Higher-level attribute values are replicated for each time-series in the 2 time-series formats and for each observation in the flat format.
- The 'Flags' option is to be relabelled to "Attributes".