Version 2.2.8 is a bugfix release in the Cho Oyu series and we encourage all users to update to this version.
The Sherpa package can be downloaded here: SHERPA-MC-2.2.8.tar.gz
In can also be accessed via git using
- the web interface
git clone -b rel-2-2-8 https://gitlab.com/sherpa-team/sherpa.gitfor a local clone.
A Manual is included in the
Manual/ directory of the tarball (or the
git-clone). It is available in the HTML and INFO format and provides extensive
documentation of all parameters. It can also be found
The main reference for Sherpa 2.2.x is
Please cite this publication if you have used Sherpa 2.2.x for your studies.
Additionally, each run will produce a file called
contains information about the modules used in this run and the corresponding
publications which should be referred. If in doubt, please seek the advice of
the Sherpa authors.
You can find a large collection of example setups for using SHERPA in various
different colliders/processes in the
Examples/ directory of the tarball. They
are also described in the manual.
- Phase space biasing with
Enhance_Observablere-enabled for unweighted events (!193, !209)
- Significant reduction of negative weight fraction possible with
NLO_CSS_PSMODE=1option for leading-colour S-event showering (!200)
- Improve safeguarding against large Sudakov reweighting factors (!212)
- HepMC 3.1 interface added (!196)
- Rivet 3.x interface added (!192)
- Make OpenLoops library finding more robust, e.g. for LCG OpenLoops installation (!215)
Bugfixes (runtime issues)
- Crash when soft spin correlations and neutral meson mixing were enabled (#53) -- thanks for the report from ATLAS
- Widths updated in hard decay handler not used by ME generators (#182)
Bugfixes (compilation issues)