Release version 2.2.6
Version 2.2.6 is a bugfix release in the Cho Oyu series and we encourage all users to update to this version.
The Sherpa package can be downloaded here: SHERPA-MC-2.2.6.tar.gz
In can also be accessed via git using
- the web interface
git clone -b rel-2-2-6 https://gitlab.com/sherpa-team/sherpa.gitfor a local clone.
A Manual is included in the
Manual/ directory of the tarball (or the
git-clone). It is available in the HTML and INFO format and provides extensive
documentation of all parameters. It can also be found
The main reference describing the physics of Sherpa is
JHEP02 (2009) 007.
Please cite this publication if you have used Sherpa for your studies.
Additionally, each run will produce a file called
contains information about the modules used in this run and the corresponding
publications which should be referred. If in doubt, please seek the advice of
the Sherpa authors.
You can find a large collection of example setups for using SHERPA in various
different colliders/processes in the
Examples/ directory of the tarball. They
are also described in the manual.
- Note that dijet production with additional jets merged with the CKKW algorithm is broken in the 2.2.x series (#46)
- Also see our issue tracker
- Add initial-state p_z and inelasticity selectors for DIS (#80)
- Improve the reweighting to include the local K=BBar/B factor in [email protected] runs (#73)
- Improve treatment of the shower reweighting scale cut-off, it is now applied also when reweighting AlphaS and the PDFs in the CKKW clustering sequence (also mentioned in #73)
- Adapt status=4 convention in the short HepMC output (#79)
- Compute approximate NLO EW corrections (and subleading orders) as on-the-fly alternative event weights (#41). See Example in Manual for details. Currently only works with a soon-to-be-released version of OpenLoops.
- Add a filter between the perturbative and the non-perturbative event phase, which can be used to reject events with parton-level cuts (!94)
Bugfixes (runtime issues)
- Fix NLO and Variable Selector routines (#70, #88)
- Fix unweighting treatment for the
LocalKFactor(and its on-the-fly variations) in negative events (#94)
- Fix argument validation in
- Fix core scale setter for DIS when the incoming particles are ordered
peand adapt it for
xyis not a quark pair) (!81)
- Fix strong coupling reweighting in merging runs in cases where nothing was clustered (#66)
- Fix beam remnants for DIS setups
- Fix rejection of rare negative-energy configurations in the shower (#44)
- Fix treatment of negative UserHook weights in HepMC interface (#100)
- Fix a mapping in the OpenLoops parameter-setting interface (#87)
- Fix HEFT Higgs production with COMIX (#114)
- Fix compatibility issues with recent versions of Rivet
Bugfixes (compilation issues)
- Fix UFO model builder when running on Darwin (macOS)
- Fix error when compiling with MCFM support
- Fix compilation on ARM/PowerPC architectures
- Make environment importing when building
sconsscripts more bullet-proof
- Fix compilation of the HZTool interface add-on