Release version 2.2.5
Version 2.2.5 is a bugfix release in the Cho Oyu series and we encourage all users to update to this version.
The Sherpa package can be downloaded here: SHERPA-MC-2.2.5.tar.gz
In can also be accessed via git using
- the web interface
git clone -b rel-2-2-5 https://gitlab.com/sherpa-team/sherpa.gitfor a local clone.
A Manual is included in the
Manual/ directory of the tarball (or the
git-clone). It is available in the HTML and INFO format and provides extensive
documentation of all parameters. It can also be found
The main reference describing the physics of Sherpa is
JHEP02 (2009) 007.
Please cite this publication if you have used Sherpa for your studies.
Additionally, each run will produce a file called
contains information about the modules used in this run and the corresponding
publications which should be referred. If in doubt, please seek the advice of
the Sherpa authors.
You can find a large collection of example setups for using SHERPA in various
different colliders/processes in the
Examples/ directory of the tarball. They
are also described in the manual.
- As all releases in the v2.2.x series, dijet production using the multi-jet merging algorithm is broken, see #46. This is fixed in the upcoming v3.0. If you can not wait for it, you can use a v2.1.x release.
- Add preliminary support for HepMC3 (this interface is still being tested)
- Improve decay showering off top quarks
- Improve single-top support and add examples and documentation for its production channels
- Improve hadronisation and hadron decays for heavy flavour production
- Introduce a user hook framework which allows users to easily implement event
generation afterburners, see
- Add settings to output ME-only on-the-fly variations (along with the full
- New cut-off for parton-shower reweighting:
CSS_REWEIGHT_SCALE_CUTOFF=<pt_min>, default: 5 GeV^2
this is more generally applicable than using a cut-off on the number of reweighted emissions
- Improve support for on-the-fly variations of clustering steps (reweight each step locally instead of doing it globally)
- Fix issue with the overweight treatment for negative weights
- Add missing shower weight in some event outputs, e.g. when using
- Fix issue with the overweight threshold for on-the-fly variations
- Fix issue with non-trivial beam spectra handling
- Fix possible issues with electron-"PDF" initialization
- Fix issue with the ISR-channel threshold for leptonic collider
- Fix X/Y functions in METOOLS (this is relevant for hadron decays)
- Fix crash in decay-channel sorting
- Fix crash when using
- Fix issue with CSS strong coupling values when using non-trivial scale factors
- Fix issue with QSF variations for real emission calculations with COMIX
- Fix crash when doing on-the-fly variations and invalid dipole kinematics occur
- Fix issue in the interplay of the flux and the BIWeight for 1->n processes
- Fix issue when using vertices with a vanishing coupling
- Fix rare "invalid amplitude" crashes
- Fix issues when adding limits for the number of t-channel propagators in matrix elements
- Fix issue with checking PDF availability when enforcing jet vetoes
- Fix several compilation issues