Add ppa2pup awk
Edit: This merge request has been replaced by: Merge Request #6 - add ppa2pup gawk no crypto + (download file name hacks). Changes related to 0setup will be dealt with in a separate merge request.
- provides a gawk alternative to ppa2pup, which is orders of magnitude faster.
- removes architecture dependencies related to 0setup
- avoids the need for the repo file to exist prior to running "pkg --repo-update"
- adds option to used patched version of 0setup
- adds option to avoid using 0setup
Addresses the following Issues:
Partially addresses the following issues:
This update is primarily related to issue #73 (closed). However, we can still look at making ppa2pup faster with non gawk approaches. Issue #79 (closed) is partly mitigated because creating a dummy repo file means one less reason for pkgrc to be reset or worse cause an infinite loop (see post)!. Issue #71 (closed) is addressed by adding an environmental variable which will cause pkg to call a patched 0setup wdlkmpx's way. Issue #56 is addressed by making it unnecessary for ppa2pup to call /usr/local/petgetdebdb2pupdb
With the faster gawk version of ppa2pup, speed improvements suggested for ppa2pup, such as using "Using IFS to parse repo/pkg specs" (Issue #65)are less critical. However, issue #65 might be discussing something more general than just converting the debian repo format to the puppy repo format.