Empower xsane to directly create multi-page TIFF with Fax G4 compression
I'm missing a comfortable way to create multi-page TIFF with Fax G4 compression directly with xsane.
Currently I have this inconvenient work flow:
- Scan several pages with ADF with 300 dpi grayscale.
- Save one after the other temporarily as single PNG.
- Use IrfanView to edit and compose each page ...
- Manually increase the contrast and adjust the luminance.
- Decrease the resolution to 200 dpi (this is the common FAX resolution, good for normal text), see #17.
- Save all pages temporarily as single TIFF with Fax G4 compression.
- Combine the pages to one multi-page TIFF.
Is it thinkable, that xsane could do all these steps in some future version? Additionally a saveable custom configuration would be helpful.