Work around RHEL7 crypt_r() challenges
crypt_r() on CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 can return with errno to EISDIR or ENOENT due to using NSS
We need to only check errno after crypt_r() returns NULL, but because crypt_r() is not consistently implemented with regards to errors, and the libcrypt implementation used in RHEL8 and other modern linux systems can return non-NULL on error, we need to use crypt_rn() instead.
We need to run this test on the CentOS 7 container, so we put it in the quick file.
Signed-off-by:with name/author being identical to the commit author
- (optional) This MR is just one part towards a larger feature.
(optional, if backport required) Bugzilla bug filed and
- Test suite updated with functionality tests
- Test suite updated with negative tests
- Documentation updated
- CI timeout is 3h or higher (see Settings/CICD/General pipelines/ Timeout)
- There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent
and according to
- This feature/change has adequate documentation added
- No obvious mistakes in the code