Nextcloud: Login impossible / sync fails
We have two Android devices, both had OpenTodoList running for months now. Currently, they're running OpenTodoList 3.32.0. Both connecting to the same nextcloud server. Different user names. Both Accounts have OpenTodoList app passwords configured.
Short description: login fails with newly created accounts, sync fails with existing accounts
Long story: One device just stopped syncing 7 days ago according to my nextcloud settings page showing the activity for the "OpenTodoList" app there. I tried revoking the token and creating a new one. I entered that token in OpenTodoList on the mobile phone. To no avail: "failed to connect to the server. Please check your user name, password and the server address and retry."
- The address works (I can directly go to the nextcloud settings page in my web browser from the button in OpenTodoList's account setup view)
- The app password generated for OpenTodoList is copied from the browser to the passwort field.
- "Disable cerificate checks" is irrelevant, it doesn't work with either setting (the server's certificate is valid)
- I tried using the user's password directly in OpenTodoList (login manually) - failed.
- Clearing the app cache did not work
- uninstallig and reinstalling OpenTodoList did not work.
- I tried logging in with the account that I am using on the other phone, did not work.
- Logging in manually from OpenTodoList on Windows with the malfunctioning account on Android works perfectly.
I noticed that syncing does not work on my phone as well. None of the items I added are stored on nextcloud any more, according to nextcloud's activity protocol.
I then removed the account from my mobile phone as well and now I cannot recreate it because I can't login.
By now, all I have left is the Windows app (also just upgraded to 3.32.0), where I can login to both accounts. I tried creating or editing new items in that library (notes and todo list), both works and appears in nextcloud's activity. Also, the web browser is opened ahen pressing the [login] button, in contrast to the behaviour on Android.
So it's obviously not a general nextcloud problem or a general OpenTodoList issue - it's related to Android, as it seems.
This is a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Android 9 and one Samsung Galaxy A40, Android 10
- When pressing "login", OpenTodoList tells me that it tried opening the web browser. But there is not web browser opened. Does it mean, that failed or that it just didn't launch it properly?
- Is there any more information I can provide?