Manifesto suggestions for discussion
- I think the introduction document looks good. I read through it on a high level and there are no topic gaps that stand out and interrupt the flow. I did not look much as language yet.
- We should add refs for the factual claims.
- Maybe having a clearer tone that the reason there is not more open science is not because people are doing the wrong thing using proprietary software, but instead emphasize how much better things could be if they use it.
- Should we make recommendation for how to collaborate with people not using these tools? A common situation for many peole might be that they are grad students and then need to be able to communicate with their prof. For exammple track changes vs git
- Git for writing is not perfect, should we talk about hard wrapping code? Is there any easy way to do this outside vim bindings?
- Cover installation of R/Python and how to set things up?
- Should we work through a single project in detail from creating dirs to publication? All the commands, edge cases, etc.
- What line width do you use for hard wrap, 80? I can set the same in vim so that I don't change entire paragraphs instead of just one word.