1. 12 Mar, 2018 3 commits
  2. 03 Mar, 2018 9 commits
  3. 02 Mar, 2018 6 commits
  4. 01 Mar, 2018 1 commit
  5. 28 Feb, 2018 5 commits
  6. 19 Feb, 2018 9 commits
  7. 12 Feb, 2018 3 commits
    • top: account for the idle state ('I') threads in total · c888534a
      With the documentation update in the commit referenced
      below, we should also account for such threads as they
      will already be represented in the task/thread totals.
      [ and do it in a way that might avoid future changes ]
      commit a238a687
      Signed-off-by: Jim Warner <james.warner@comcast.net>
      jim warner authored
    • top: adapt utf8 logic to support extra wide characters · b4bce3b8
      Back when top was refactored to support UTF-8 encoding
      it was acknowledged that languages like zh_CN were not
      supported. That was because a single 'character' might
      require more than a single 'column' when it's printed.
      Well I've now figured out how to accommodate languages
      like that. My adaptation is represented in this patch.
      [ and just in case someone wishes to avoid the extra ]
      [ runtime costs, a #define OFF_XTRAWIDE is included. ]
      Along the way, I've cleaned up some miscellaneous code
      supporting the 'Inspect' feature so that the rightmost
      screen column was always used rather than being blank.
      [ interestingly, my xterm & urxvt terminal emulators ]
      [ are able to split extra wide characters then print ]
      [ 1/2 of such graphics in the last column. the gnome ]
      [ terminal emulator does not duplicate such behavior ]
      [ but prints 1 extra character in same width window. ]
      . Sep, 2017 - original utf8 support
      commit 7ef38420
      Signed-off-by: Jim Warner <james.warner@comcast.net>
      jim warner authored
    • top: tweak that recent enhancement to startup defaults · dfa118b4
      When the new approach for startup defaults was adopted
      in the reference below, a file might be left open that
      technically should be closed. This situation arises in
      the unlikely event the #define RCFILE_NOERR is active.
      Without that #define, the program will exit early thus
      rendering the open file issue moot. However, even with
      that #define there was no real harm with an open file.
      It simply meant a 2nd FILE struct would have been used
      when, or if, the rcfile was written via a 'W' command.
      Anyway, this patch ensures such a file will be closed.
      . Dec, 2017 - /etc/topdefaultrc introduced
      commit 3e6a208a
      Signed-off-by: Jim Warner <james.warner@comcast.net>
      jim warner authored
  8. 13 Jan, 2018 4 commits