pmbootstrap/pmOS should offer a 'debug mode'
This debug mode would produce a pmOS install that
- disables splash screens on boot
- prints kernel and openrc messages to screen (pass
- disables fde
- adds the usb hook to initramfs.
- pmbootstrap presents a big fat warning that pmos is running in 'debug mode' and should not be used for production
- modify /etc/os-release to indicate that it's pmOS-debug or something
- This would be a (non-default) parameter to
pmbootstrap install, like
-dfor short (assuming
disn't already taken.. I didn't look)
- do not install any UI
- add some kernel cmdline to have a more verbose kernel log
- install all possible -dbg subpackages?
- Install some extra tools to help with debugging:
- gdb-server (not sure it works for armhf)
- sysstat (performance monitoring tools)
Anything else that would be useful? Any additional tools that could be installed automatically when this is enabled to assist folks with porting/debugging their device?