Use codename instead of model number
Devices with the same code name can use the same device package in postmarketOS, and devices with one code name may have multiple model names.
As illustrated in !1668 (merged),
jflte is the codename for multiple models
("GT-I9505", "GT-I9508", "GT-I9508C", ... -
So it makes sense to name our aports
samsung-jflte instead of
From what you two suggested, we would have the following changes.
- device-samsung-i747m => device-samsung-d2
- device-samsung-i8190 => device-samsung-golden
- device-samsung-i8200 => device-samsung-goldenve3g
- device-samsung-i9195 => device-samsung-serranolte
- device-samsung-i9305 => device-samsung-m3
- device-samsung-i9505 => device-samsung-jflte (!1668 (merged))
- device-samsung-n5110 => device-samsung-konawifi
- device-samsung-n7100 => device-samsung-t03g
- device-lg-d285 => device-lg-w55ds
- device-lg-d855 => device-lg-g3
- device-lg-h815 => device-lg-p1
Don't know if it's better to do all the renames in a single MR or one for each.