[Meta] Import more maemo and hildon packages
Currently postmarketOS only packs a small subset of all the packages from Maemo (Leste), hildon-desktop and a few other packages. I believe that the experience on postmarketOS with more packages from Maemo (Leste) packaged would be improved significantly. The point of this meta ticket is to get more software from Maemo Leste packaged in postmarketOS.
Maemo Leste focusses (currently) on a small set of devices, and it would be interesting to run Maemo/Hildon software on more devices, and see how the software fares on (for example) android-vendor only kernels. Personally I also hope to get more people excited for the software stack by having it more widely available.
I will add a list of all the software currently packaged in Maemo Leste shortly - let's see what is already in postmarketOS, and what is not. Some interesting set of packages will be:
- mce - mode control entity, for brightness control, proximity sensors, rotation control/sensors, lock screen
- dsme (required for most software)
- icd2 and connui - internet connectivity daemon and hildon UIs. Currently wireless already works well, 2g/3g/4g is being worked on in combination with ofono and telepathy.
- Several status bar applets (battery, wifi, gprs)
- ke-recv and ke-recv-extra: UI for USB gadgets, other upcoming features
- hildon-input-method: virtual keyboard and a more usable way to insert special keys
- look at powervr work for the n900 and see if it can work with some compatibility layers (it just might?)
Will post a more complete list soon.