samsung-v1awifi: new device
First of all a huge thank you to @Grimler for helping me with this port.
I can boot into XFCE. I'll be adding wiki page information and some notes later.
- Get WiFi working.
Observations I made along the way:
- Booting is extremely slow. It stays in the Samsung splash screen for a minute and a half and then starts booting pmOS. However, if I connect the charger when the tablet is powered off, it displays the charging icon as usual, and then starts booting pmOS immediately.
- Sometimes the screen goes black for a split second and then it returns to normal.
- I cannot boot into
westonsomehow. Seems that the interface does not work here. It seems common between other devices that share the same kernel.
- I need to create a file called
/etc/X11/Xwrapper.configwith the line
needs_root_rights=yesto get X working.
- The tablet freezes when I poweroff the device or rebooting the device (from terminal and from XFCE UI).
- After a couple of minutes, the tablet is frozen entirely.
- SSH does not work. If I do
sudo service sshd status, system tells me that SSH is currently loaded and functioning. However, it does not seem to work from USB (172.16.42.1) nor from WiFi.
- I see slightly wrong colors on images.
Booting with MATE makes some differences:
- The UI does not freeze after a couple of minutes.
- I can reboot/shutdown the device (only via UI).