finepower-f1 porting process
Hello, guys! I'd like to use this issue page to write down the porting process for FinePower F1 and to seek some help.
What have been done as for now:
- Use generic spreadtrum kernel as the base
- Use sc7731ceb_dt_defconfig as kernel config base
- Make kconfig check happy
- Can't build the kernel, because initramfs_data.o is not present. Possible solutions:
- Build initramfs with
pmbootstrap initfs build(see problem 2)
- Find and set specific option in kernel config to build the missing file (if possible)
- Can't build initramfs (dependency error, requires newer version of networkmanager)
I've been trying to package the latest version of networkmanager, but haven't succeeded yet. I can share the edited diffs if you're interested.
- Build downstream kernel
- Install on SD and make kernel to boot
- Get UI optimized for this phone
- Make T9 keyboard implementation
I appreciate any help, thank you very much for advices on Matrix channel.