What to backport in the service pack v21.03.1
The stable branch of Alpine normally updates only every half a year, but mobile development is currently going quicker than that and thus we make service releases every couple of months with backported fixes and upgrades which are properly tested and verified to be stable.
This issue will list everything we deem necessary to backport so we make sure we don't forget about it when we start the MR. When adding a package on this list, please include a reason for why it needs to be included.
NetworkManager 1.31once it's released, with https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/merge_requests/773 backported to it once it's ready for use. This might not make it in the first service pack but maybe a later one. Required to be able to configure mobile data via GUI in Plasma Mobile, #1044
- EDIT by ollieparanoid: MR isn't finished yet, can't make this part of the service pack
- Calindori 1.4 (or later version if released at the time), requested by upstream to backport
- Phosh 0.10.1: important fixes for GeoClue (thus Pure Maps as well) and GeoClue agent support.
- ModemManager 1.16.4 when released: important fixes for special characters and emoijs in texts. Otherwise texts may get stuck on the PinePhone EG25-G modem.
- postmarketOS Tweaks: useful app to tweak your pmOS install to your liking