Disable keyboard open and close animations by default
In osk-sdl, we have the following animations:
- keyboard slides in from the bottom when osk-sdl opens
- keyboard slides out (not sure if that's blocking cryptsetup)
- password dots bounce around while cryptsetup is working
- keyboard slides back in if the password was wrong
1., 2., 3. can be seen here.
As postmarketOS becomes more and more stable, and more people are actually using it with FDE, it seems like a good idea to me to disable the keyboard open and close animations by default (1., 2., 4.). They were intended as nice eye-candy, but IMHO they are more distracting than useful. On less powerful devices, the animation is slow (or with !90 (merged) not slow, but appears to be lagging).
It's a different story with the animated dots (3.) in my opinion, they do not change too much of the screen at once, and they are only bouncing around while "cryptsetup luksOpen" is working in the background.
One animation I'd like to see instead, is fading from back when osk-sdl is opened, and fading to black when it's done. (Both for a short time, maybe a second or so.) GNOME / phosh is also doing this, and it's a smooth, much less distracting animation that should even work well on less powerful devices.
- !88 (merged) added a config option to disable all animations
- !90 (merged) keyboard slide animation not cpu dependant