Spike: How to pre-populate an Essential Meds List (EML)?
We need to understand how we can "get" a useful Essential Medicines List (EML) of products so that PCMT could come pre-populated with this list as a starting point.
- WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
- WHO National Medicines List
- IDA Foundation's Essential Medicines
(things we will do)
A primer on:
- What the EML is
- Broadly how national EML lists vary
- Is there a source of the EML that's better to consume than from the WHO? e.g. does one of the international suppliers have a more concrete list (by region/country).
- Does anyone have a parsed version of the EML? Multi-lingual?
- Does anyone have a process for taking the WHO EML, and parsing it into a better computer format (e.g. CSV)?
- Guidelines for PCMT for how we'd bring the EML in, from whom, and how we could keep it up to date.
Definition of Done
(things we always do to be done)
- Acceptance Criteria are agreed upon by team and PO
- Documentation is updated (including wiki et al if applicable)