Commit eb4d0e3f authored by Committed by Junio C Hamano
optimize diffcore-delta by sorting hash entries.
Here's a test-patch. I don't guarantee anything, except that when I did the timings I also did a "wc" on the result, and they matched.. Before: [[email protected] linux]$ time git diff -l0 --stat -C v2.6.22.. | wc 7104 28574 438020 real 0m10.526s user 0m10.401s sys 0m0.136s After: [[email protected] linux]$ time ~/git/git diff -l0 --stat -C v2.6.22.. | wc 7104 28574 438020 real 0m8.876s user 0m8.761s sys 0m0.128s but the diff is fairly simple, so if somebody will go over it and say whether it's likely to be *correct* too, that 15% may well be worth it. [ Side note, without rename detection, that diff takes just under three seconds for me, so in that sense the improvement to the rename detection itself is larger than the overall 15% - it brings the cost of just rename detection from 7.5s to 5.9s, which would be on the order of just over a 20% performance improvement. ] Hmm. The patch depends on half-way subtle issues like the fact that the hashtables are guaranteed to not be full => we're guaranteed to have zero counts at the end => we don't need to do any steenking iterator count in the loop. A few comments might in order. Linus
Showing with 30 additions and 24 deletions