NS manage backup code page
We want to offer mobile app users to save the backup code. Downloading is less ideal because other apps may have read access to external storage. Internal storage doesn't help as it's not accessible to the user.
Share would be one option for saving to a location like Dropbox (which could arguably include Dropbox if one does not trust the company).
Printing, writing down the code, or saving to a secure location such as a detached USB drive is ideal.
- jspdf does not work with NS (trivial examples can work but anything with images does not)
- There is no free nativescript library that generates PDFs
We could use nativescript-printer to offer the user a chance to print the code. The user could also choose to save it as a PDF. We could mitigate this by recommending the user print the code, write it down, or save it only to a secure location. The design should include the code being shown so that it could easily be written down.
We would then not offer the "share" solution as the level of effort would be very high.
Step towards Implementation
- Validate that we can generate a QR code and print it
- Design what the page should look like Designs
- Update wording in register to reflect ability to recover account
- Implement it