WIP: Add Ancestral Tales campaign by Kehaar
It is licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 International with attribution to Philtron R., as mentioned on the Lugaru forums:
Note:* This mod (campaign, maps and custom textures) is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike license, version 4.0 International (CC-BY-SA 4.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/) Attributions can be made to "Kehaar".
Marking as WIP as there are still a few things to handle before merging:
- This campaign includes modded weapon models and textures for the Knife and Sword. Two issues:
- The current modding support implies overriding the original models and textures, which is not OK for our multicampaign repo. @MCMic Any idea on how we could implement skinning in a better way?
- Those weapon mods are from Lotus Wolf, who we could never get in touch with (#55), so we can't assume that Kehaar's CC-BY-SA 4.0 license statement applies to those. As such I'd propose to remove them, even though they're cool (currently they're in the initial commit to allow testing them).
- I renamed the maps to have a
tales2_prefix followed by the map number: nonfree-mods@4bf72f46. This allowed me to see that there are some unused maps:
tales3. Not sure what to do with those yet (probably remove them, but I want to test them before to see if they were meant to be in the game but forgotten).
- As mentioned in #31 (comment 59510025), I have concerns over the legality of distributing some of the textures under CC-BY-SA 4.0 International. Maybe a Google image search on the most "professional" looking textures would help to identify potential copyrighted material.