Empire mod: Missing blackfur.png texture
The last occurences of
:Data:Textures: path in the maps are found in the Empire / jendraz maps, as I intentionally left this one:
:Data:Textures:blackfur.png (can be found with
rg -uuu :Data:.
From the mod files, it seems that this blackfur.png is the same as our current Fur2.jpg (note the different file type). But when I've tried replacing the blackfur.png occurences with Fur2.jpg, I saw some weird glitches on the texture of the Ash character (with some kind of chromatic aberrations) that need to be looked into. Jendraz, the mod author, confirmed that some users had already complained of such a bug in the past.
To reproduce the bug, you can do the following:
:Data:Textures:blackfur.png\tTextures/Fur2.jpgto https://gitlab.com/osslugaru/lugaru/blob/master/Misc/list-hardcoded-paths-fixes.txt (
\tis a tab)
- Run the script on the jendraz maps:
sh Misc/fix-hardcoded-hex-paths.sh Misc/list-hardcoded-paths-fixes.txt Data/Maps/jendraz*
- Run the campaign, Ash (the -now- black rabbit character) should show glitches like:
(see the striped ears for example)
@MCMic had the right intuition, the issue was with the file type. The original
blackfur.pngfile in the Empire mod was actually a badly named JPG:
$ file ../mods/Lugaru\ Empire/This\ goes\ into\ Textures/blackfur.png ../mods/Lugaru Empire/This goes into Textures/blackfur.png: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01, resolution (DPI), density 72x72, segment length 16, baseline, precision 8, 512x512, frames 3
But I guess the expected file type might be hardcoded in the map based on the extension, or there's something fishy with this JPG, as it would cause artifacts as shown above. So I fixed the issue by converting the JPG to PNG (now
Fur2.pngwhich is basically a conversion of
Fur2.jpgwhich was the same as
It's a bit weird to have twice the same texture in different formats, but I prefer to keep the original
Fur2.jpgwhich is referenced in the source code (it doesn't seem to be hardcoded in levels though).