"Reduce CPU usage when in background" doesn't work
This checkbox option in the Launcher Patcher Client doesn't work as I've monitored CPU usage when the game is in the foreground, background or it is minimized. The CPU Usage stays the same (10~%) regardless of its' state.
Steps to Reproduce
- Launch oRO Patcher Client
- Check the box for reduced CPU Usage
- Launch the game
- Open task manager and monitor CPU Usage whilst playing
- Alt+tab and see that the CPU Usage is still the same
- Minimize the game and the CPU Usage is still the same
CPU Usage doesn't change regardless if the game is in the foreground, background or minimized.
CPU Usage should be lower when the game is in the background or it is minimized. GPU Usage should also be lower if the game is meant to not be running at its' full potential.
The screenshot provided shows a different RO server running with the option "Reduce CPU usage when in background" also enabled and you can see that their option actually works. 2%~ CPU Usage and the GPU Usage obviously corresponds too. oRO however running in the background stays at the 10%~ CPU Usage regardless if it's running in the background, foreground or minimized.
- Operating System and Version: Windows 10 v1709
GTX 980 Ti