Adding Custom Pet
As title said, adding tamable custom pets but without any stat \ ability bonus on these custom pets (by default can make them feed on pet food).
You are free to decide whether mini boss and or stationary mob (plant, mushroom, egg < although they are funny if you tame them) are also tamable or not (this can be further discuss).
You can also add other (currently existing mob) further official pet that have not yet been release in this episode (such as green maiden) and they will also provide no bonuses (this can also be further discuss).
Three basic implement proposal (could pick 1 or a combination of all choices, just chipping in ideas here...):
1. Buy-able tame item
- You setup an NPC that sells tame item for these custom pet at a costly price along with horrifying success rate... because reasons...
- Can be NPC vend (discount would work) or NPC "dialogue vend" (discount does not work)
- Zeny sink opportunity!!!
2A. Quest obtainable
- You do a quest, you are reward with the tame item.
- The quest should be modern length and repeatable.
- Also opportunity for zeny sink based on the quest's required item \ zeny!!!
2B. Quest obtainable
- You do a quest, you are reward with the pet egg.
- The quest should be lengthy hard (but not in the sense of failing certain part then you cannot finish it) and may not be repeatable (along with having a high level requirement so people cannot cheat the system that easy to farm pet by remaking character). You can also be mean and make the egg not tradable at all... /gg
- Opportunity for zeny sink based on the quest's required item \ zeny!!!
- This choice might be necessary for non-existing mob such as hot rice cake (I love this rice cake) & new year doll pet
- Grind mob for rare tame drop just like most of the official pet's tame.
I would say this is equivalent to hat costume especially these custom pets offers no bonus at all other than for look and being cute (long as they do not talk...)