Add god items to oRO in a reasonable way. Many private servers have come up with systems to introduce them in ways that would not did not destroy the server. One of these ways, that I believe would work for oRO, is a rental system. It would work something like this; holding the castle as woe ends grants the guild 1 point relative to the realm the castle was in. Ie 1 geffen point or 1 alde point ect. The points are collected over time and used to exchange for a god items relative to the realm the points are from. Ie geffen points for megs. Then once exchanged the guild is granted the item for a rental period. The number of points required for a rental and duration of a rental can vary to match what the staff / players feel is appropriate. At first discussion with friends 10 points felt okay. With the castles rotating randomly between the 4 current realms this would mean you would have to win every woe when it landed on a specefic realm, and to roll through a specefic realm 2.5 times would take on average 10 months. A rental period of 1 month felt right, it would give time for all players time to use the item in pvm and the guild 4 woes to use it in woe to try and win 4 woes in a specefic realm.
- Adds very fun items that I and many others miss playing with.
- Adds a reason to compete harder for woe
- Rewards a group of players for playing together well
- Urges players to make guilds and compete more seriously for their chance at points
- More woe activity more leveling more farming more RO
- Adds an extra kind of currency to the game that once existed in god item parts. With this system guilds could trade god item points; for other god item points, for zeny, for items.
The biggest drawback right now to the proposed system is Saturday not being seriously contested. This could possibly urge people to show out and make Saturday more savory for all. Or it could cause a death spiral which is why the are not on oRO and why a rental system is suggested. Because implementing something like this is related to woe frequency and balance I would appreciate if all discussion pertaining to that topic stay out of this ticket. Thank you very much.
- I am sure I have forgotten many pros and cons, this is a complicated cloudy topic. I am confident we can gauge the community feeling about the topic and come to some sort of compromise with staff where they could feel safe that a system such as the one I proposed could be implemented without killing the server.
- Regarding the frequency of points and rental periods. 10 points and 1 month felt okay because if a guild spirals out of control and wins all woes indefinitely they would have to save points for like a year to really make a character that could truly and singularly turn the tide of woe. For a month...
- Additionally to prevent death spirals you can make it so guilds that are currently renting a god item cannot earn points towards a new one either of the specefic type they are renting or all types. You could also make it so you max out at 10 points. This would mean no double belts and if you wanted to stack sleips belt mace you might have wasted points on woes you won but already had 10 points.
- Because woe is always changing on oRO and has experienced more periods of uncertainty than certainty since I have been around to observe less points and shorter rental periods could be appropriate. On the suggested 10/1 ratio the same players that helped earn the points might not be around when you can finally rent something. Or the guild might not even exist anymore. An equivalent ratio would be 5 points and 2 weeks. Or you could even do 2 woes to a 1 week god item. The problem with shorter intervals is it makes stacking extra god items together easier.
- Personally I want to see this happen because it was always such a big part of the game. I play oRO because I loved ro growing up and am trying to get that same love for the game I had back then. God items were a part of what I found so magical about it.
- I hesitated for a long time to make this topic for a few reasons. One of them is because Mathy and Haru have spoken against them strongly in the past. I hope there are enough creative people here that can help me convince them there is a safe way for God items to exist on oRO >:3. Second is because topics over major things like the last woe discussion topic get drastically out of hand. Please reply respectfully with thought out criticism or suggestion.