Using the launcher
This is the recommended way to install Open-Volt as the launcher will automatically download and install the game files in the right order, and tell you if updates are available.
- Download the launcher
- Extract it in a folder wherever you want and start it
- Double-click on
Download the latest remote server configuration. It is required to get the latest list of packages.
- The task list should be updated now. Double-click on
Install / update Open-Volt for Unity.
- Once finished, the Unity runtime should be selected by default in the bottom list, next to the
Launchbutton. Click on that button to start Open-Volt.
You can download Open-Volt addons by executing the
Download / update Open-Volt addons task.
Manually install Open-Volt is not recommended because you won't be notified if updates are available. But if for some reason you still want it to do it this way, you can follow the steps below.
With the Unity runtime
- Download the Unity runtime and extract it wherever you want
- Download the Unity bindings and extract it to
- Download the core DLLs and extract it to
- Download the base assets and extract it to the root of the runtime folder
- Download the crash reporter and extract it to the root of the runtime folder
The game core is now ready. You can test it by running
OpenVolt.Unity.Runtime.exe. You should reach the default game mode menu because no main game mode was provided and mostly because there is not any game mode available yet.
In the wiki home page, you can access a list of game modes if you want to test one.