Validate project dependencies.
This update replaces the current scripts/check_dependencies.py file and restructures the environment to validate project dependencies against installed modules.
- Replaces current hard-coded dependencies with a "project-deps.json" file
- Option -f will scan all project python files to check for changes in dependencies
- Option -b/--backup allows for loading a different JSON file
- Backup file in case current "project-deps.json" file is corrupt or missing
- Starting a new project with known dependencies
- If "project-deps.json" file does not exist and -b/--backup option not specified, creates a new "project-deps.json" file and prompts user to edit for new project.
- Optionally allows specifying repository or PyPI package to install
- Optionally include project test directory in file scan
Future options planned:
- Include output to show new module dependencies
- Include output to show old dependencies no longer used
- Include output to show repository/PyPI modules to install
- Delete ./scripts/check_dependencies.py (after merge)
- New file ./scripts/check_deps.py
- New file ./project-deps-format.txt (describes project-deps.json file format)
- New file ./openlp-deps.json (Converted existing OpenLP dependency checks)