Performance and Bug: Delayed Run Listings
"As a user, I want my runs to load quickly and consistently so that I can get to work."
h3. Full description
By toggling between the tabs quickly, it's possible to have the "Assigned to me" or "All" lists show up on the "To do" tab:
In some cases the All tab is taking over 10 seconds (even as high as 19) to load. Likely, the queries for these endpoints can be optimized with some well placed aggregation, prefetch_related calls, and select_related calls.
h3. Completion criteria
- The endpoint for a user's runs should be sped up considerably. If possible, it should take under 200ms to generate a response in the case shown above.
- A slow running fetch for a list should never cause the current tab to be misaligned compared to the list that is shown.
h4. Behavioral specifications
- "When the user selects a tab, the run list is shown quickly."
- "When the user selects a tab, the list is always the correct one."
h3. Documentation updates & improvements criteria
- Left to the assignee’s appreciation
h3. Relevant repositories
- This one.
h3. Review timeline
- PR to be sent for review by
- First PR review to be completed by
- [Optional] Draft/WIP PR sent for review by