Hi, I'm Meilssa Ushakov. Welcome to my README! I'm the Group Manager, Product for the Plan stage.
- I was born in Mexico and I grew up in a small border in Mexico in the Rio Grande Valley. I'm the only one from my extended family in the United States!
- I live in Austin, Texas with my husband, two kids, a fluffy dog, and over 40 houseplants.
- I received a degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. I was a very artsy kid (ballet, theatre, drawing, violin) so I never thought I'd end up in tech!
- I started my career in management consulting, then went to program management and finally found my way to product management.
- I am not a morning person and like to start my day after 9 AM CST.
- I'm an extrovert and I'm always up for a coffee chat or co-working. I think work should be fun and love getting to know my coworkers.
- I'm a firm believer in focusing on strengths to grow in your career and life.
- I'm endlessly optimistic, which is my superpower most of the time. If you ever feel like I am overcommitting or not being realistic, let me know.
- Context is huge for me and I'll always try understand how/why. I've gotten better at making decisions without full context but it's an area I'm always working on.
- I love exploring ideas and will often ideate out loud through many permutations of how to best solve a problem.
- If I ask a lot of questions about your idea it doesn't mean I don't agree, it means I am interested! I will often stress test other's ideas by asking a lot of questions and trying to find the gotchas.
- I love optimizing processes so that teams can focus on delivering value. It's what brought me to the tools product space. I have been a Jira, Confluence, Redmine, Pendo, Roadmunk, and Smartsheet admin at previous jobs.
Click for more info!