- Fixed sync issues between linux x64 and windows builds.
- Fixed an issue with MIDI playback that resulted in some songs ignoring your music volume setting and starting insanely loud.
- Added some additional information for when a game desynchronizes, which is helpful for debugging.
- Added more information when using the -? command line parameter, useful for setting up netgames manually. (This was in release 13 fix3, but worth mentioning again.)
- Set OpenGL to be the default renderer, as it's the most stable.
- Added support for sprite cstat 2048. (No Shade. N key in mapster32.)
- Added support for the "actorsound" CON command.
- Added instructions for the -net command in the help menu. (-? command line parameter)
- Fixed being unable to fire the shotgun in some cases, like when autoswitching from a shrinker.
- Fixed sprites disappearing prematurely behind masked walls.
- Fixed some sounds restarting by movement after being stopped.
- Fixed rendering seam in the scuba gear HUD element.
- Fixed not being able to toggle music in multiplayer.
- Fixed a hang relating to Tripmines.
- Fixed a hang relating to the Polymost renderer.
- Fixed "Not responding" when the game window is out of focus.
- Fixed keys being stuck when returning to the game after alt-tabbing out.
NOTE: If you're having issues with the Discord Matchmaker on Windows 7, try Discord Canary. Also, make absolutely sure "Display currently running game as a status message" is enabled.
NOTE 2: If you downloaded this before 3:35PM on March 18th, please re-download it! Since I'm a fucking worthless idiot, I fucked up the discord launcher, and it needed fixing.
NOTE 3: If you downloaded before 4:07AM on March 9th, re-download. Turned off optimizations in 64-bit Linux Builds for now, fixing sync issues.
- 64-bit Linux support! (The binary is the extensionless "eduke32-oldmp" file)
- Fixed ANGRANGE/ZRANGE behavior with non-power-of-two angle values.
- Fixed friendly fire immunity behavior with friendly fire off. Blocked friendly damage does not stack onto the next enemy attack, and you can self-damage with friendly fire off now.
- Made it so Duke will not auto-stomp shrunken teammates in Cooperative and Team Dukematch.
- Included a matchmaker for Discord. See the included readme.txt file.
Video demonstration of the matchmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaW9XBBTC7s
- If you have an issue with the Discord matchmaker, post about it here: https://gitlab.com/mossj32/discord_matchmaker_for_eduke32-oldmp/issues
- The matchmaker ONLY works with the DESKTOP versions of Discord. Not browser-based, mobile, or betterdiscord versions.
- You MUST have "Display currently running game as a status message" enabled in Discord, or else you cannot host matches!
Known issue: Sometimes you can't join games on windows 7, but can host without issue, and vice/versa. This is a bug with the Discord RPC. If you have the bug, post here: https://github.com/discordapp/discord-rpc/issues/93
- Can compile on VS2015 now. (The build in the zip is still compiled with MinGW however)
- Tiled skies render properly in Polymost now. (Thanks Fox!)
- Fixed multiple random, unpredictable crashes.
- Fixed wonky automap lines.
- Fixed laggy ANM playback.
- Fixed massive font when using 1280x1024 resolution.
- Backported the "return" CON command.
- Backported the ability to manipulate sector animations. (floorzgoal/ceilingzgoal & floorzvel/ceilingzvel)
- Backported the swinging door fix from r6253. (No more inside-out maps!)
- Added raw input support for mouse and keyboard. Joystick support removed since it was already mostly broken.
- Fixed the r_screenaspect cvar check
- Made the OpenGL driver check only print to console instead of bring up an annoying popup if the OpenGL driver isn't valid.
- Default texture compression to OFF to avoid white boxes in place of hightiles on some hardware.
- If the screen aspect check fails, assume square pixels.
- Got widescreen-aware rotatesprite to work in Software, along with it's associated fixes.
- Fixed the dreaded hang that occurs if someone presses "ESC" between matches. (And about fucking time, too.)
- Backported proper widescreen support from mainline EDuke32. (Widescreen aware rotatesprite & r_usenewaspect.)
- Backported "screentext" CON command from mainline EDuke32. (More flexible font display for mods.)
- Got rid of an outdated Intel driver check. (Means this will work with Intel cards without BUILD_FORCEGL now.)
- Defaulted the crosshair color to yellow like vanilla Duke3D.
- Fixed the broken fraglimit in Team Dukematch.
- Fixed a bad define in polymer.c (Even though it's pointless).
- Backported EVENT_PREGAME.
- Added (Maintenance Build) to the window title, so people know which build they're running.
Note for people who seem to be blind: The download links are right next to the paper clip icons in each release!
- Fixed hanging/race condition/crashes when a map ends via Frag Limit.
- Fixed losing frags when dying after the fraglimit is hit.
- Fixed some bugs with BROKEHYDROPLANT, REACTOR2, and FRAMEEFFECT1.
- Raised episode limit to 14
- Raised level limit per episode to 64
- Backported some Voxel-related fixes, including some fixes of my own.
- Made sprites still animate even when hidden by Parental Lock, in case a mod unhides those tiles. (Needed for StrikerDM)
- Fixed weapons being carried over between maps in fake multiplayer.
- Fixed the music volume slider changing sound volume instead of music volume.
- Fixed sound rolloff and position updates, due to missing call to S_Update(); (Fixes the last of the sound issues, AFAIK.)
- Fixed an issue with Get/SetPlayerVar not working when a player left, similar to the issue with Get/SetPlayer(Input).
- Fixed 32-bit and interlaced PNGs loading as corrupt by updating to a newer version of kplib.c.
- Backported "texture" keyword for TileFromTexture in DEF, for the sake of convenience and compatibility with a couple mods.
- Statically linked libraries so external DLLs are no longer required.
- Default texture filtering to GL_NEAREST instead of GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST.
- Fixed projectiles not moving through water.
- Added fraglimits. (Can be set by using the "fraglimit" cvar, or the -y## command line parameter.)
- Added .connected player struct member to allow checking if a player is still online in CON.
- Fixed a major bug with Get/SetPlayer that was causing it to break when a player left the game.