- Fixed (hopefully) the random CON errors that would happen at startup with some mods like StrikerDM.
- Fixed (hopefully) a freeze that could happen on level transition sometimes.
- Fixed hang that would occur if more than 8 players were in a game and it couldn't find an unused player color.
- Added the ability to make your own player colors. (addplayercolor in CON. deleteplayercolor -1 in CON.)
- Added the "palookup" DEF token from mainline EDuke32. (only partially supported, some subtokens are unused).
- Added support for 64 player spawn points.
- Added support for more players than spawns. This allows SP-only maps to be played in COOP, and DM with any number of players regardless of map.
- Fixed "body snatcher" bug that occurs when there are more players than spawns. (Ie. players inhabiting other player bodies or random objects)
- Fixed some crashes on exit in DiscordLauncher.
- Added Discord Rich Presence support into OldMP, this will show current map, frag count, and gametype on your discord profile while playing.
- Added debugging functionality to DiscordLauncher. Now, if it crashes, it'll make a dump to crash.log. Send me this file if you get a crash!
- Fixed Duke Talk coming from non-player sources overlapping.
- Fixed version checking when setting up a multiplayer match. The game will now immediately terminate if people are using mismatched EDuke32-OldMP versions.
- Fixed frags not resetting correctly if someone left the game before a map change.
- Fixed the wrong player name being shown when a keycard is used in COOP.
Known Issue: Using a key in COOP displays the wrong player name in the message that shows up. Already solved for a future release.
- Added "Game Flags" Menu, moved all multiplayer-related flags to new menu.
- Added the ability to change respawn items/inventory/monsters independently.
- Added -wstay command line parameter to enable weapon stay.
- Added "Weapons Stay" option into the game flags menu. The gametype flag "GAMETYPE_WEAPSTAY" is added to or removed from the current gametype for mod compatibility.
- Added the "PredictionDebug" setting in the config file, so I can diagnose certain prediction errors.
- Removed the "(NO SPAWN)" game modes since item spawning can now be easily controlled and applied to any game type.
- Fixed broken interpolation on warping elevators
- Fixed some potential prediction issues on map start.
- Fixed monsters being forcefully disabled if not specifying an episode/level with -v/l.
- Fixed game going out of sync if not everyone used the same command line parameters at launch.
- Fixed potential desynchs when applying the selected skill level to slaves/peers.
- Fixed cases where "ud.ffire = 0" would cause players to not bleed when switching to a free-for-all gametype.
- Changed how -t works so you can specify more than one respawn type without specifying all three. (While remaining compatible with old .bat files or whatever)
- Added support for World Tour's TOUCHPLATE pals 2 and 3. This makes it possible to beat WT maps if you have the appropriate tiles loaded.
- Added eduke32.dat file, which contains widescreen fixes for the status bar, frag bar, and weapons in vanilla gameplay.
- Added the ability to load tiles if the tile it's replacing has a specific CRC.
- Added LAN Mode to DiscordLauncher
- Added colored text to DiscordLauncher to make some things stand out more.
- Backported Q16 support for horizontal aim. Mouse should feel even smoother now.
- Fixed a crash caused by third person mode
- Fixed view jitter when mouse aim is off and you moved off a slope.
- Fixed several crashes in DiscordLauncher.
- Fixed support for several Windows 7 builds in DiscordLauncher.
NOTE: This version contains and updated readme! I suggest reading it.
- Backported Q16 fixed point precision for vertical mouselook. Mouse movement should feel buttery smooth now.
- Fixed some module music being far too loud.
- Some minor adjustments to the Discord Matchmaker.
- Fixed players floating when frozen
- Fixed player sprites vertically jittering when jumping
- Fixed only one player being able to play a pain/duke talk sound at any given time.
- Backported EVENT_PRELEVEL
- Backported EVENT_DAMAGESPRITE and EVENT_POSTDAMAGESPRITE
- Backported support for MOD/S3M/IT/MTM/XM module music.
- Added support for more screen resolutions.
!!!IMPORTANT!!!: If you downloaded before November 5th, 2:47AM Atlantic, please re-download. I had to fix a major issue where the mouse would randomly stop working due to an array overflow. If your mouse is still fucked up after downloading this, type in_mouse 1 in the console and exit the game so it saves correctly.
- Reverted back to the older JFDuke3D-based netcode (mmulti.c), the RancidMeat netcode wasn't as reliable as I had hoped.
- Made adjustments to mmulti.c to make it possible for the host to see when players connect.
- Made adjustments to the "waiting for players" code to prevent "not responding" while waiting for everyone to connect.
- The console prints when someone changes their name, this makes it easier to track who's who if they change their name a lot.
- Fixed jittering in sprites moving on a SE31 floor.
- Fixed sounds not playing when you teleport, if you teleported in from far away.
- Backported support for EVENT_SOUND. This allows replacing sounds on the fly, useful for overriding hardcoded sound effects.
EDIT: Had to release a hotfix for floating corpses. Fixed now.
- Different Netcode! Uses the rancidmeat networking code, like duke3d_w32/xDuke/hDuke/nDuke, and late EDuke32 before it was removed. This netcode is much more reliable and responsive than the one from older versions, at least as far as I can tell so far.
- Fixed a missing map sync check in sync.c, this should let players know if there's a discrepancy between maps when playing different versions of the same map.
- Fixed food tray props (FOODOBJECT3), and a few other floor-aligned sprites from floating up into the air infinitely. (Thanks Fox for finding the culprit code)
- Backported EVENT_SOUND from modern EDuke32. This is useful for sound randomization, adding custom menu sounds/overriding any hardcoded sounds. This is an unsynched event, so you muse use displayrandom in your CON code to prevent de-syncs.
- Backported "rendmode" gamevar from modern EDuke32. This is useful for checking in display code what renderer is being used. This is in preparation for supporting the Duke64 TC later down the road. (If I ever get there).
Discord Launcher changes:
- Added the ability to force a manual connection with EDuke32 itself, if it failed to connect or launch for some reason.
- Fixes access violation in hitscan trail code. Fixes railgun crash in StrikerDM.
NOTE: Added version 2 of the Discord launcher. Redownload if you downloaded prior to Sept 2nd, 2018. NOTE2: I accidentally missed a DLL. Re-download again if you got it prior to Sept 3rd, 2018.
- Various stability improvements.
- A proper fix for MIDI music volume issues.
- Added ebacktrace1.dll so I can get detailed logs if EDuke32-OldMP crashes.
NOTE: If you're on Windows and get a crash, and wish for the problem to be solved, please post in the issue tracker here, with the "crash.log" produced by EDuke32-OldMP. Thanks.
- Fixed sync issues between linux x64 and windows builds.
- Fixed an issue with MIDI playback that resulted in some songs ignoring your music volume setting and starting insanely loud.
- Added some additional information for when a game desynchronizes, which is helpful for debugging.
- Added more information when using the -? command line parameter, useful for setting up netgames manually. (This was in release 13 fix3, but worth mentioning again.)
- Set OpenGL to be the default renderer, as it's the most stable.
- Added support for sprite cstat 2048. (No Shade. N key in mapster32.)
- Added support for the "actorsound" CON command.
- Added instructions for the -net command in the help menu. (-? command line parameter)
- Fixed being unable to fire the shotgun in some cases, like when autoswitching from a shrinker.
- Fixed sprites disappearing prematurely behind masked walls.
- Fixed some sounds restarting by movement after being stopped.
- Fixed rendering seam in the scuba gear HUD element.
- Fixed not being able to toggle music in multiplayer.
- Fixed a hang relating to Tripmines.
- Fixed a hang relating to the Polymost renderer.
- Fixed "Not responding" when the game window is out of focus.
- Fixed keys being stuck when returning to the game after alt-tabbing out.
NOTE: If you're having issues with the Discord Matchmaker on Windows 7, try Discord Canary. Also, make absolutely sure "Display currently running game as a status message" is enabled.
NOTE 2: If you downloaded this before 3:35PM on March 18th, please re-download it! Since I'm a fucking worthless idiot, I fucked up the discord launcher, and it needed fixing.
NOTE 3: If you downloaded before 4:07AM on March 9th, re-download. Turned off optimizations in 64-bit Linux Builds for now, fixing sync issues.
- 64-bit Linux support! (The binary is the extensionless "eduke32-oldmp" file)
- Fixed ANGRANGE/ZRANGE behavior with non-power-of-two angle values.
- Fixed friendly fire immunity behavior with friendly fire off. Blocked friendly damage does not stack onto the next enemy attack, and you can self-damage with friendly fire off now.
- Made it so Duke will not auto-stomp shrunken teammates in Cooperative and Team Dukematch.
- Included a matchmaker for Discord. See the included readme.txt file.
Video demonstration of the matchmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaW9XBBTC7s
- If you have an issue with the Discord matchmaker, post about it here: https://gitlab.com/mossj32/discord_matchmaker_for_eduke32-oldmp/issues
- The matchmaker ONLY works with the DESKTOP versions of Discord. Not browser-based, mobile, or betterdiscord versions.
- You MUST have "Display currently running game as a status message" enabled in Discord, or else you cannot host matches!
Known issue: Sometimes you can't join games on windows 7, but can host without issue, and vice/versa. This is a bug with the Discord RPC. If you have the bug, post here: https://github.com/discordapp/discord-rpc/issues/93
- Can compile on VS2015 now. (The build in the zip is still compiled with MinGW however)
- Tiled skies render properly in Polymost now. (Thanks Fox!)
- Fixed multiple random, unpredictable crashes.
- Fixed wonky automap lines.
- Fixed laggy ANM playback.
- Fixed massive font when using 1280x1024 resolution.
- Backported the "return" CON command.
- Backported the ability to manipulate sector animations. (floorzgoal/ceilingzgoal & floorzvel/ceilingzvel)
- Backported the swinging door fix from r6253. (No more inside-out maps!)
- Added raw input support for mouse and keyboard. Joystick support removed since it was already mostly broken.
- Fixed the r_screenaspect cvar check
- Made the OpenGL driver check only print to console instead of bring up an annoying popup if the OpenGL driver isn't valid.
- Default texture compression to OFF to avoid white boxes in place of hightiles on some hardware.
- If the screen aspect check fails, assume square pixels.
- Got widescreen-aware rotatesprite to work in Software, along with it's associated fixes.
- Fixed the dreaded hang that occurs if someone presses "ESC" between matches. (And about fucking time, too.)
- Backported proper widescreen support from mainline EDuke32. (Widescreen aware rotatesprite & r_usenewaspect.)
- Backported "screentext" CON command from mainline EDuke32. (More flexible font display for mods.)
- Got rid of an outdated Intel driver check. (Means this will work with Intel cards without BUILD_FORCEGL now.)
- Defaulted the crosshair color to yellow like vanilla Duke3D.
- Fixed the broken fraglimit in Team Dukematch.
- Fixed a bad define in polymer.c (Even though it's pointless).
- Backported EVENT_PREGAME.
- Added (Maintenance Build) to the window title, so people know which build they're running.
Note for people who seem to be blind: The download links are right next to the paper clip icons in each release!