Unsure what to put into Snowflake configuration fields
- Clarify which fields are required
- Add tool tips to clarify what information is needed for each field
- Add a confirmation step verifying that the connection was made successfully, and providing errors so that the user can correct problems
I just set up a Snowflake account for the first time (the login credentials for this user 'meltanodanielle' are in the team 1Password group), and I am using our Snowflake target in the UI. I have been presented with this configuration box:
- Are all these fields required?
- Account: I have a username and password, but what is supposed to go into the first "Account" box?
- Username: got it
- Password: got it
- Role: Should this be a drop down? Is this the role of my user in Snowflake, or the role I want to give the user on this DB
- Database: I don't have one set up yet (could we create a new one for the user?)
- Schema: Should this be a drop down? I have no idea what to enter here
- Warehouse: I don't know what I need to enter here, perhaps the ghosted default text could give an example name to give me a clue
Now I am going to go try to answer all my own questions as I poke around Snowflake...
- Account: -- still not sure what to put here
- Role: I'm using 'sysadmin' because I see that is my Snowflake user's current role
- Database: I made one called 'meltano' (I am a little unclear if I need to grant permissions to Meltano from the Snowflake UI?)
- Schema: I made one for the 'meltano' database called 'test' (I am unclear if there is other configuration I need to be doing in the Snowflake UI to make this work)
- Warehouse: I am using the default that came with my account (it is currently Suspended... does this matter?)
This is what I have:
The "Save" button is still ghosted out, so it looks like "Account" is required. What could that be? I'm going to try the same as my username, since it is big in the upper right corner of my Snowflake account:
I just submitted and it took me to the next step, but I have no idea whether those credentials actually worked?