tap-gitlab Extractor Settings step iteration
Right now, when setting up the extractor settings for tap-GitLab the user is presented with this screen:
It is a little difficult to know what to do here to successfully complete the step:
- Is it okay for me to leave these fields just as they are, or do I need to edit them?
At the very least, it felt like I needed to add my API token... but I've never used it before and I'm not sure where to get it.
- @derek-knox could we add a tooltip to each of these fields, telling the user what they need to do / where they need to go to get the required info? (@dmor #739 (closed) should be our go-to for this)
- @derek-knox for "API start date" can we provide an example of the right date format, or offer a date selector instead?
- @derek-knox should it allow me to successfully "Save" when I haven't filled in the fields?
After I "Save" without editing other fields I get a bug flag in the bottom right (see screenshot below) but not any info on what it means:
- consumes extractor and loader settings
- form validation
- accounts for string, password, email, boolean, and date_iso8601
- accounts for required, non-required, non-editable controls/inputs
- groups controls intelligently (username + password, etc.)