Ensure extractor settings Input UI displays while extractor is loading
Problem to solve
- Extractor loading takes a lot of time and the user could be using this time to do other required work prior to requiring the install to finish
- UI users
- The setup process is faster and more streamlined by enabling the user to input and save extractor connector settings while the extractor is installing (which takes a while) vs waiting for installation to complete
- Properly display the settings UI (may need a new endpoint) during extractor installation
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Faster setup and improved UX as user can make progress without waiting for install to complete
(Ensure the feature doesn't cause any regressions)
- Write adequate test cases and submit test results
- Test results should be reviewed by a person from the team
- Backend endpoint for plugin config only
- Frontend implementation
- Ensure merge of edits with installed plugin config with initial discovery config
/label ~"To Do"