V2 of 'select entities' with date range
Problem to solve
- Users need a way to set a date range for more efficient ELT
- Any UI user
- Optimize extraction and loading by ensuring a specific date range is accounted for (on top of specific entities)
- Provide the proper component and related UI
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Success is when UI users can properly run ELT using a date range
Last X* day(s) componentThis exists as part of Singer spec as
start_date. The current UX for extractor settings will need work in the future (and this is when this component will come to life), but ultimately the date exists at the extractor not entities level as each extractor may have more than one entities selection set (one to many). Additionally, Orchestration will manage the "jobs" and "time windows" using the extractor
start_datein addition to its time window management.
Expand/Contract entities container (likely shell too, but maybe just an internal container)
- denote the Dimension and Aggregate count in button to communicate size/scale of data
- I'm punting for now, but can foresee later implementing logic (using
getBoundingClientRect()) for conditionally showing the expand/contract button, inset shadow, and UI while also calculating the ideal
.expandableheight for best clipping the content and making the inset shadow best hint at "more content"
- Select All|Default|Custom component
Detail vs Summary display/switchPunting on this as I think when we integrate filtering we can combine this summary view in some way so the choice chips are always the SSOT vs having an additional UI that lists the selections in a compact, text-based, and non-interactive way
- Extractor image for faster recognition and signage helper
- ensure UI aligns with recent UI flow update