Add Google Analytics Tap to Meltano
This is the Meltano issue, we have another issue that tracks the details of the tap creation within the repo for that tap. This issue is about integrating the tap to Meltano.
Problem to solve
From conversations with customers, it seems like Google Analytics/Ads, SalesForce & Facebooks ads are the most common connectors required from a data source point of view.
Any users, including Singer community
People can look at website traffic / usage information together with other data sources
Write a Google Analytics Singer Tap:
- Define API data points to extract
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
A user can run
meltano add tap-google-analytics and extract most common entities and attributes
These steps are a bit different from other taps, because we are building this tap from scratch instead of integrating an existing tap from the Singer community. (Similar to the GitLab)
- @iroussos link this issue to the separate tap project (which has more detailed steps)
- @derek-knox start thinking about how to add this to the Meltano UI (talk to @iroussos about specific config items that are unique to this API)
- @iroussos complete other project (link) for Singer
- @iroussos link to Meltano
- @iroussos make a plan to integrate to the CLI
- @dmor create a new issue to track GTM tasks (blog post, demo video, etc.) once this is ready to roll
- @dmor discussion about our licensing for this tap
Links / references
According to https://www.singer.io/#taps it looks like there isn't currently a pre-made tap available