Document how configurations are managed
The docs should be explicit to the user about how configurations are saved to the
.meltano directory and automatically
.gitignored to ensure that nothing is ever committed publicly.
User had question regarding: "Where does Meltano store the GitLab API token?"
- git add . and git push my new project (YOLO)
- I posted that project to #g_professionalservice
- I went upstairs to talk to my son
- I got a sinking feeling “wait did I just push my GitLab API token to a repo”
- I ran downstairs and revoked the token
- I posted this
- I found out that the meltano team already saved me from myself / saved me a report to security by adding the config to .gitginore already :sweating: