Create simple hosted "meltanodemo.com" where Meltano is already set up to show users
Meltano will offer an interactive sandbox environment where users can try out Meltano functionality without having to go through the process of setting up hosting and going through our installation process. It will use real data from the Meltano project itself.
1. Exactly what problem will this solve? (value proposition)
It takes too long for potential Meltano users to get set up just to try Meltano out.
2. For whom do we solve that problem? (target market)
Anyone who wants to learn more about Meltano and how it works We should target the experience toward our target persona: The Founder
3. How big is the opportunity? (market size)
All potential Meltano users looking to learn more before doing the installation process (our assumption is that most users are busy, don't normally set up self-hosted software, and are looking for a more SaaS-like adoption experience).
4. What alternatives are out there? (competitive landscape)
Going through our existing installation process or utilizing the 1-Click App on DigitalOcean marketplace to speed up the process somewhat
5. Why are we best suited to pursue this? (our differentiator)
We have interesting data to share, and we can set up Meltano in an ideal way to showcase its value
6. Why now? (market window)
We need to increase MAUI, and Meltano is to difficult to adopt
7. How will we get this product to market? (go-to-market strategy)
@kressaty can you comment on your vision here?
8. How will we measure success/make money from this product? (metrics/revenue strategy)
Increase in uniques on meltanodemo.com Increase in MAUI
9. What factors are critical to success? (solution requirements)
- Buy the domain meltanodemo.com
- Set up Meltano on meltanodemo.com
- Figure out how we want to handle users making changes in the UI that could break the demo
- Figure out what security issues we need to be aware of
10. Given the above, what’s the recommendation? (go or no-go)
This was also our top ranked idea for driving MAUI during the Meltano Assemble offsite. I'm sure we will discover some challenges along the way, but we should get started and handle those as they come.