Creating debug logs for GUI startup problems
These are instructions for creating a debug log of the GUI startup procedure. I may ask you to follow these steps if you have problems running the GUI.
Please do the following:
- Download the latest debug build from the MKVToolNix website.
- Unpack it somewhere or install it, depending on which version you've downloaded
- Additionally download Microsoft's DebugView utility. It's a small tool that doesn't even require installation, a single
.exe. Save it somewhere.
- Start DebugView. Go to
Log to file, select a file name to write the log messages to and close the dialog with
- Now start the debug build of MKVToolNix. In that moment the DebugView utility should show a couple of messages from the GUI.
- Close both programs and send me the log file you've told DebugView to create.
You should keep DebugView around in case it's needed again.