mkvmerge detects wrong format
I found a rather obscure bug with mkvmerge (v61.0.0 ('So') 64-bit; OS: ArchLinux with 5.13.13 kernel) detecting the wrong kind of format.
Background: I encode video files using av1an and x265, so the output file I'm talking about was produced directly by x265 version 3.5 and is a hevc bitstream file.
This is the mediainfo output: mediainfo.txt
This is the ffprobe output: ffprobe.txt
But mkvmerge -i identifies it as DTS stream and uses the DTS multiplexer to handle it:
File '.623664b/encode/00479.mkv': container: DTS Track ID 0: audio (DTS-ES)
Interesting enough the other >500 hevc bitstream files are correctly recognized. This problem is reproduceable, deleting and re-encoding this single bitstream file / part yields the same bug.
I uploaded the example file to your SFTP. If you can, feel free to make the issue public!