bad files created with mkvmerge 0.6.2 (mmg gui)
Original reporter: [email protected]
as posted on doom9 mkvmerge0.6.2 vs graphedit
Well i'm a bit confused...
i used to create my mkv's with graphedit, but now i testet the new gui with mkvmerge (0.6.2). but the result is very disappointing! the file is too big, loading is to slow and seeking looks terrible
details: "sources" 605mb divx5 avi 43MB vorbis audio 40MB vorbis audio
muxing with mkvmerge(mmg gui): "S:\Divxstuff__ripptools\mmg\mkvmerge\mkvmerge.exe" -o "S:\howard\howardmkvm.mkv" --cues 0:iframes --language 0:eng -A -d 0 -S "S:\howard\pass2.avi" --cues 22356:iframes --language 22356:ger -a 22356 -D -S "S:\howard\audio1deutsch.ogg" --cues 29055:iframes --language 29055:eng -a 29055 -D -S "S:\howard\audio2english.ogg"
result: howardmkvm.mkv 704MB, takes 31 sec to load, distortet video after seeking (for a few frames)
muxing with graphedit (matroskamuxer): result: howardgred.mkv 693MB, plays immediatly (~1 sec), seeking looks as great as seeking can look...
i have to say, that i really have no clue, what mmg put in the commandline (the only option i know is the language tag), but i think mmg does it the way the devs want it to be done...
ill do further testing; just wantet to report this