Release: September 4, 2015
Bugfix: Corrected text coloring on the update.sh script to terminate properly Bugfix: Removed some excess text from the Mimescan Updated: All malscan runs now include the current Malscan version and the time that signatures were last updated. Updated: Unified logging files for all scantypes into a single scan log for each scan Feature: Added new -u update functionality, which updates both the core application as well as the signatures
Version 1.5.2 is a bugfix release, which includes a fix for Mimetype scanning ignoring specifically whitelisted files.
Bugfix: Corrected a bug with malscan.sh ignoring the files specifically whitelisted in the conf.malscan settings.
Version 1.5.1 is a bugfix release, which includes fixes for an update-breaking bug as well as several improvements to output text making the process clearer and more concise.
- Bugfix: Corrected a bug with update.sh causing a fatal error.
- Updated: Added output identifying when different scan types are starting, for more verbose and informative output.
- Updated: Incremented the version in malscan.sh
- Updated: Removed the version information in the comment header in install.sh, added a Since version header instead.
- Updated: Removed the output text from the freshclam updater, which was getting too messy.
- Updated: Added a warning in update.sh indicating the now-silent freshclam update portion can take a long time.
Release: June 1, 2015
Version 1.5.0 is a major feature release, which includes a substantial number of new features, a new scanning and detection method, and a full installer.
- Feature: Added automated whitelisting of file trees for known clean files (such as imports from development enviroments or fresh installs)
- Feature: New Tripwire scanning mode. Identifies any files that have been changed or did not exist from the whitelist reference. Excellent for static sites or minimally changing applications.
- Feature: New installer.
- New installer is compatible with and fully tested on CentOS 6, CentOS 7, and Ubuntu 14.04.
- Installer may work with other 6.x and 7.x RHEL derivatives as well as Ubuntu 12.x, 13.x, 14.x, and 15.x, however these are officially unsupported.
- If you run into issues with any non-supported Operating Systems, please submit a Github issue so that I can correct it and add that OS to the supported list.
- Added package installation sanity checking, to ensure everything is set up properly
- New installer may work with other RHEL derivatives as well as RHEL/CentOS 5
- Updated: Mimetype scanning to add additional filetypes to the scan.
- Updated: A substantial number of prompts, both in text and color.
Version 1.4.4 is a bugfix and maintenance release that corrects several issues:
- Bugfix: Corrected an issue with notifications not being sent because there was no way to specify receiving email addresses. Fixed in conf.malscan-blank.
- Bugfix: Corrected an issue with whitelisting not working properly. It should now function correctly, and is working in test RHEL 6 and CentOS 7 testing environments.
- Special Note: The changes to conf.malscan-blank will need to be manually added to any active conf.malscan files.
Version 1.4.3 is a bugfix and maintenance release that corrects several issues:
- Bugfix: Corrected a logging path issue. All log files will now be correctly generated in the 'log' directory inside your chosen path in conf.malscan
- Bugfix: Corrected the URL for the custom virus definitions
- Feature: Included freshclam updates within the cron_update.sh script
Version 1.4.2 is a bugfix and maintenance release that corrects several issues:
- Malware scan not properly using the whitelist. It will now use the whitelist correctly.
- Removed the version number from the cron_update.sh script
Version 1.4.1 is a bugfix and maintenance release that addresses an issue with pathing when using malscan and cron_update in a crontab or outside of the malscan directory.