- Open Lition sidechain manager in your browser
- For vesting in chain please click on Interact with chain.
- Specify chain ID you would like to interact with. For Lition Energy sidechain it is 3.
- First of all, you need to have some small amount of ETH and LIT tokens on your account.
In case you are on testnet, you can get ETH here and you can also mint new testing LIT tokens through Mint button in sidechain manager, which is visible only if you select Ropsten in Metamask.
- Now you need to approve our Lition Registry smart contract to work with your tokens.
- Specify how many tokens you want to approve our contract to work with
- Please make sure you approve >= than the amount you want to vest. In case you specify the same amount as you want to vest, later on you withdraw your vesting and want to vest again, you will need to approve once again. Most users forget about it and they get error message
- Now click on vesting
- Select Vest in Chain
- Specify how many tokens you want to vest in chain
- Minimum required vesting is 1k or more (based on chain creator conditions)
- Please make sure you vest <= than the amount you approved.
@param vesting New requested vesting balance. Possible scenarios:
- vesting == actual validators vesting balance
- not allowed
- vesting > actual validators vesting balance
- in case all active validators slots are taken, vesting must be > than the lastValidator vesting (last == smallest vesting among all active validators)
- vestingRequest is created
- LIT token transfer is processed
- if chain.active == true -> confirmVestInChain can be called in the next notary window to finalize vesting increase
- if chain.active == false -> confirmVestInChain can be called immediately to finalize full vesting increase
- vesting < actual validators vesting balance
- can be called after VESTING_LOCKUP_TIMEOUT (7 days) since the last vesting increase
- processed immediately, no confirmation needed
- LIT token transfer is processed
- After you your vest in chain went through, you need to wait for the next notary to be processed before you can confirm your vesting request. How long you have to wait depends on parameter
notaryPeriod, which is specified by chain creator. For Lition Energy sidechain it is 8640 blocks (12 hours) - 1 block is mined every 5 seconds.
- Click on Reload under user details and chain dynamic details in the left panel to see your actual details including the last notary when your vesting request was created and actual chain dynamic details
- You can check if you are already allowed to confirm your vesting request by comparing Vesting request notary under user details in the left panel with Last notary block under Chain dynamic details. If chain Last notary block is bigger than your Vesting request notary you are allowed to confirm the vesting request and therefore finish the whole vesting process
- To understand what all parameters in the left panel mean, please check Chain-and-User-details-parameters wiki
- Once the Last notary block under Chain dynamic details is bigger then Vesting request notary and you successfully confirmed your request, you should see that your actual vesting balance was updated
- IMPORTANT !!! Make sure you have always some amount of ETH on your account (0.5 ETH recommended) as all active validators take their turn in sending statistics into the notary function in Lition Registry contract so you need to have some ETH for gas fee. Please check your ETH balance on regular basis !